Engage Health is a leading provider of mental wellbeing and injury prevention programs for organisations. We are passionate about creating psychologically safe, injury-free workplaces.
As an organisation we are constantly seeking new and innovative ways to improve employee wellness, reduce psychological distress and prevent injuries. We have set ourselves ambitious targets to increase the number of injury-free individuals around the world reporting high levels of adaptive resilience, and of course the workplace is a key setting for this.
Why Engage Us?
We love teaching employees how to thrive in the face of adversity. All of our programs incorporate mindfulness training and evidence-based tools from the well-researched MBSR and MBCT (mindfulness-based stress reduction and cognitive therapy) course. Our focus is always on prevention. This is our point of difference and is demonstrated in the unique way we structure our programs.
Over the years we have discovered that the most effective and proactive way to prevent injuries is to train the mind to be present. This exciting and innovative combined approach to both mental health and physical health has proven to be incredibly effective. Unlike traditional programs which do not always engage the employees and train the mind, our success can be attributed to mindfulness training which results in structural changes in the brain, reduced soft tissue injuries, greater adaptive resilience and improvements in attitude, engagement and culture.
Our work in this neuroplasticity space is exciting and innovative. We understand prevention strategies are required for sustained positive change and resilience. With significant improvements in wellness, safety, performance, productivity and injury reduction we guarantee a return on your investment (ROI).
Benefits for your Organisation
- There is ample evidence to support our proactive approach to psychological and soft-tissue injury prevention, with organisations seeing large reductions in injury occurrence and lost time due to injuries.
- Workplace stress and mental health conditions present a substantial cost to organisations. However, through the successful implementation of an effective action to create a mentally healthy workplace, organisations, on average, can expect a positive return on investment (ROI) of $4.0 for every dollar invested. (2017 report prepared by SafeWorkNSW).
- In workplaces that employees consider mentally healthy, self-reported absenteeism as a result of experiencing mental ill-health almost halves (13%). Headsup.
- The typical cost of a mental health related claim is $25,650 compared with $10,600 for all other claims. Australian Productivity Commission.
Benefits for your organisation:
- Fewer injuries, less lost time.
- Reduced insurance premiums.
- Reduced unplanned leave.
- Reduced staff turnover.
- More positivity in the workplace.
- Improved psychological safety.
- Reduced workplace stress and psychological distress.
- Reduced accumulative trauma and empathetic distress fatigue.
- Happier, calmer, more mindful and resilient employees.
- Reduced symptoms of poor physical and mental health.
- Improved leadership and top-down support.
- Increased work engagement and team morale.
- Increased focus, creativity and productivity.
We are committed to providing a high level of training and assessment with your organisation. Our programs are offered globally, allowing your employees to come together online at the same time. Our facilitators are highly skilled corporate wellness consultants and injury prevention specialists, with expertise in the OHS, mental health and mental wellbeing sector. Our team of health professionals includes corporate health consultants, mental health practitioners, psychologists, ESSA accredited exercise physiologists, MTIA certified mindfulness practitioners, meditation teachers, corporate yoga teachers, corporate massage therapists, nutritionists and physiotherapists.
About the Owner
Engage Health was established by Sally Cumming in 2012. Sally is the Director and lead program facilitator of programs throughout Australia and internationally.
Sally is a Certified Mindfulness Practitioner with the (MTIA) Mindfulness Training Institute of Australia. Her background as an AEP, as well as her training in cognitive-behavioural therapy and stress physiology, means she is passionate about mental wellbeing and teaching psychological resilience strategies that can be implemented into the workplace to reduce stress and improve mental health.
Sally teaches mindful leadership programs, as well as psychological resilience programs to employees across emergency services, the not-for profit, government, education and corporate sectors. She works as a mindfulness counsellor, providing training to psychologists, social workers, disability staff, specialists, WorkCover clients and individuals experiencing high levels of psychological distress, stress, anxiety, burnout, trauma and depression.
During her tertiary studies Sally obtained extensive experience in musculoskeletal, neurological, and chronic disease rehabilitation. She has had extensive experience working with government organisations, Victoria Police and the emergency services, as well as construction, mining, distribution, supply chain and food services. With over 15 years’ experience as a professional educator, facilitator, corporate presenter and health consultant, Sally has facilitated programs on various mental health, wellness and injury prevention topics.
Reviewing the market, she discovered a void in proactive mental health programs that not only reduce workplace stress and injuries but also teach prevention strategies for long-term psychological resilience and sustainability. This, coupled with her experience, training and passion for promoting mental health, led to the creation of Engage Health’s current programs.