Create a Mentally Healthy, Resilient Workplace
Our signature psychological resilience program is provided to organisations with either online or onsite workshop facilitation. In addition to a one hour facilitator-led workshop per week, our WISE online program unlocks content and neuroscience-based practices one week at a time. These practices are designed to change the brain structurally and cultivate long-term positive health behaviours and habits.
To see the clients we have worked with please click HERE
The WISE Choice
This neuroscience-based brain changing program is designed to calm the mind and generate psychological and adaptive resilience. Employees learn evidence-based tools and practices for self-care, sleep, emotional regulation, as well as overcoming stress, anxiety, panic, trauma and depression. We are committed to helping employees improve their lives from the inside out.
Through participation in this innovative program, participants have the opportunity to learn strategies and tools that re-wire neural pathways and change the structure of the brain. These tools include:
- Rewiring the negativity bias. Building more positive emotion in the brain through gratitude practices and positive awareness practices.
- Changing the brain from the top down (i.e. using thoughts, journalling and positive psychology to change the brain).
- Changing the brain from the bottom up (i.e. working through the body and senses to change the brain and enhance the size of the insula. This ‘felt-sense’ part of the brain is crucial for introception, insight, coping ability, empathy, compassion and preventing depression re-lapse).
- Developing personal resilience, problem-solving skills and coping with the stresses of everyday life.
- Dealing with challenges and difficulties with more grace and composure.
- Being fully present and happy, with a stable mind.
- Regulate and modulate our emotional empathy towards other people’s distress.
- Preventing burnout, vicarious trauma and empathic distress fatigue.
Backed by Science
Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy and stress reduction programs literally change your brain. Compelling research has shown these programs lead to structural brain changes in the top four areas associated with mental health; the pre-frontal cortex, amygdala, insula and the cingulate cortex. As well as this, we see significant positive changes in the size and function of the hippocampus (areas of learning, memory and emotional regulation) and in regions associated with self-awareness, compassion and introspection.
The original eight week mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) and MBCT (mindfulness-based cognitive therapy) courses was first developed by Professor Jon Kabat-Zinn in 1979 at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. It has been widely researched over the past 30 years and are at the cutting edge of integrative and preventative medicine. Research documented in now over 8000 medical journals (and counting) has shown that an eight week mindfulness-based program can alleviate a wide range of physical and psychological difficulties such as stress, anxiety, PTSD, panic, burnout, trauma (and vicarious trauma), insomnia, high blood pressure, depression (and depression relapse), heart conditions and diabetes. We now have our own pilot studies to back up this research.
Inspired by the popular MBSR and MBCT course, we are delighted to offer this truly unique program which is specifically tailored for the workplace. The course content has been carefully constructed to offer you a holistic mental wellbeing and psychological resilience program with all the inclusions of the MBSR, but without bias towards any religion or beliefs.
Benefits of Training for Participants
Participants who undertake our programs benefit from:
- Improved self- awareness, self-management and self-regulation.
- Improved cognitive function- including greater focus, concentration, memory, learning ability and creativity.
- Less habitual reactivity and heightened emotional intelligence.
- Lower stress.
- Heightened psychological resilience, ability to recover quickly from stress and life’s difficulties.
- Increased ability to manage emotions and adapt to change.
- Presence in every aspect of their life.
- Reduced compassion fatigue and accumulative trauma.
- Enhanced ability to regulate one’s emotional response to other people’s distress (reduced empathetic distress fatigue).
- Presentation of vicarious (secondary) trauma.
- Enhanced sense of well-being and life satisfaction.
- Improved leadership skills and communication.
- Improved relationships (at home and at work).
- Ability to listen more attentively and be present.
- Reduced symptoms of poor mental health and mental illness.
- Enhanced immune system and healing capacity for the body.
Benefits of Training for the Employer
Our training provides businesses with tangible and intangible return on investment including:
- Improved employee engagement and communication amongst teams.
- Increased productivity.
- Reduced mental health injuries, stress leave or psychological claims.
- Reduced absenteeism, unplanned leave and associated financial costs.
- Reduced symptoms of poor mental and physical health.
- Better capacity to adapt to change.
- Happier, healthier, calmer employees.
- More mindful leaders and an effective top-down approach to mental health prevention.
Our Tailored Programs
Our eight-week, six-week or four-week programs are tailored to suit employees at all levels within your organisation. Our eight week program can be tailored as a mindful leadership training to incorporate mental health awareness and mental health response training. It is available to executives, managers, team leaders and senior employees at all levels.
We offer group-based workshops, individual coaching and a professional online program to support personal resilience. Our eight week program is also available with online facilitation. This allows us to support employees remotely and ensure teams can also remain connected. It also enables employees from regional, interstate or overseas locations to join the program.