Individual injury prevention
Many work-related musculoskeletal disorders can be prevented by making a few simple lifestyle changes, as well as to the ergonomic environment. Engage Health are experts in prescribing individual ‘prehab’ exercises and alleviating conditions that may be causing specific aches and pains in the work environment.
Our highly qualified health professionals are trained to assess the individual’s ergonomic environment and screen for pre-existing conditions, muscular imbalances and postural disturbances. This allows for individual treatment plans to be developed and appropriate corrective exercises and ‘prehab’ exercises to be prescribed.
Individual screening and ergonomic assessment
Up to 80% of adults will experience some form of back pain at least once in their lives. Back pain is one of the most common work-related injuries and is often caused by activities such as lifting, prolonged standing or sitting in an office chair. Other common complaints that can result from the work environment include:
- Poor posture
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Neck pain
- Eye strain
- Muscle stiffness and muscle aches
Our tailored programs
THE CORE PROGRAM
- Designed to complement the Engage program, Core is an individual screening program which assesses individuals on a one-on-one basis.
- It has specifically been designed to correct and reduce an individual’s risk of injury and pain.
- 60 minute assessments allow for a thorough confidential assessment with a health professional to assess functional movement, muscular imbalances and postural dysfunctions, allowing for the prescription of specific corrective exercises.
INJURY RISK ASSESSMENTS
- Employees returning to work after a workplace injury
- Employees considered high risk
- Employees performing manual handling tasks in their work environment
ERGONOMIC WORKSTATION ASSESSMENTS
- All employees within the organisation (including in manual handling areas)
- Employees with musculoskeletal complaints, pain or previous injuries
SPINE AND POSTURE ASSESSMENTS
- All employees within the organisation
- 15 minutes per employee
ONSITE CORPORATE MASSAGE
- Professional corporate massage to increase productivity and ease pain, stress and muscle tension.