Build a Mentally Healthy, Resilient Brain
A Practical & Inspiring Workshop
At Engage Health we are passionate about teaching neuroscience-based tools for self-regulation, mental health and psychological resilience. You are invited to join Sally Cumming, Director of Engage Health and lead certified mindfulness practitioner, as she takes you on an inspiring and practical journey towards positive mental health.
The focus of this online professional development workshop is on using mindfulness as a tool for stress, anxiety, depression, mental illness, sleep, resilience, dysregulation, burnout, compassion fatigue and trauma. The workshop will include:
- The importance of self-care. Strategies to prevent burnout and enjoy a long fulfilling career.
- An introduction to mindfulness practice for mental health and generating psychological resilience.
- Practical ways to introduce mindfulness into your life and into the workplace.
- Self-regulation. Using the breath as an anchor to calm the mind and gain focus/clarity.
- Learn how to re-wire the brain’s negativity bias and build positive emotion in the brain.
- Learn how to process and regulate emotions in a healthy way (and help others do the same)
- Learn practices for a deeper sleep. A great tool for sleep and returning to sleep if the monkey mind wakes you up between 2am and 4am).
- Understanding trauma (including vicarious trauma), compassion fatigue, dysregulation and the window of tolerance. Identifying signs and symptoms in ourselves and others.
- Learn neuroscience-based techniques to change the brain. (top-down, body/senses up).
- Overcome negative and unhelpful thought patterns. Cognitive diffusion and thoughts.
- Stress reactivity- The default mode. Learn a powerful tool for outsmarting the stress.
- The role of the amygdala- how to outsmart the stress response and move more effectively through difficulties such as pain, emotional distress and anxiety.
- Session will include short guided practices and tools to relax the body, calm the mind and gain focus and clarity.
When? Tuesday 17th November 2020. 1:30pm to 3:00pm ( EDST – Eastern Daylight Saving Time. VIC/NSW time)
Where? Online (link will be sent after registration)
Cost? $55.00 per person. (Discounts are available for groups of more than 10 people)
How to book? Bookings can be made by registering here
Who can attend? This training is open to everyone over the age of 18 years. You are welcome to share this with friends or family members.