A Musculoskeletal Health and Resilience Program.
Staff learn evidence-based practices for reducing stress, preventing injuries and living with greater ease, happiness and resilience.
We are delighted to offer this four week program based on resilience themes and practices from our popular Wise program.
‘Wise Worker’ is a musculoskeletal health and resilience program designed to prevent injuries, reduce stress and improve psychological resilience. The core purpose of the program is to give staff members and opportunity to see how good they can feel in four weeks.
The curriculum is designed to teach participants how to integrate and apply mindfulness into their everyday lives, as well as how they can protect themselves from pain and injuries at home and in the workplace.
Embedded within the context of Mind/Body and Integrative Medicine, the program teaches evidence-based practices and tools for the cultivation of positive health behaviours, self-regulation and psychological resilience. Group sessions are designed to educate staff, improve workplace morale and assist in the prevention of wear and tear injuries due to postural dysfunction. Practical guided instruction from the facilitator assists with improving flexibility, reducing pain, increasing blood flow and circulation, promoting relaxation and improving overall wellbeing.
Participants of this course will learn how to:
- Cope with stress and difficulties with more grace, courage and composure.
- Activate the parasympathetic ‘rest and digest’ nervous system to allow the body to recover, repair and be more at ease at home and at work.
- Improve mental health awareness (reducing stigma, signs and symptoms of mental illness).
- Learn how to be more mindful and productive during work tasks.
- Learn practices to help with sleep and increase energy levels.
- Live more mindfully with a more enriched life, including better relationships with colleagues and loved ones.
- Learn stress physiology and how to recognise stress trigger and when they are in a habitual reactive mode.
- Learn injury prevention techniques and safe work practices.
- Including: musculoskeletal health education, functional manual handling, posture, gait, workplace ergonomics, functional strength, muscular imbalances, common hazards and injuries sustained in the workplace.
- Learn corrective exercises. Staff are taught essential stretches, injury prevention and core strengthening exercises for the body and spine.
- Guided mindful movement practice combining mindfulness and injury prevention techniques to de-stress, re-energise and promote wellbeing. Participants generally feel great after these sessions!
Call 0401 358 309 or register online for more information.