Discover Proven Strategies to Reduce Stress & Anxiety
Bookings are now open and available for staff from all organisations.
Overview of Training
This training has been developed to equip staff in assessing and improving their self-awareness and self-care strategies. Participants will be provided with practical tools and strategies for self-regulation, stress reduction, psychological resilience and effective leadership.
Stress and anxiety has a negative impact on employees that is wide-ranging. As well as psychological health problems, stress has been associated with impaired performance, reduced productivity, physical illness, high staff turnover and sickness absence. Learning mindfulness and resilience tools are invaluable for employees for not only managing stress but also for self-care, effective leadership and team cohesion.
The Wise Workshop
The Wise Workshop is the first professional workshop of its kind to become available for staff in the Corporate sector. The training has been developed to help employees cope with the stress of everyday life and inspire them to create mentally healthy workplaces. Drawing on themes from our signature eight week Wise mindfulness program and the famous MBSR (mindfulness-based stress reduction) course, participants learn evidence-based tools and practices they can integrate into their home and work life.
The two hour workshop provides an enjoyable and in-depth exploration into mindfulness practice and stress physiology where employees learn effective tools for stress management, emotional regulation and psychological resilience.
- Benefits of mindfulness practice: science and research.
- Reducing the stigma around mental illness.
- Creating a self-awareness.
- Minimising default mode: reducing habitual reactivity.
- Becoming aware of internal dialogue.
- Neuroplasticity: hard-wiring happiness.
- Stress physiology: the role of mindfulness in the ‘fight, flight, freeze’ response.
- Memory, learning & emotions-: understanding, processing & regulating emotions.
- Resilience tools and mindfulness techniques.
- Mindful communication & building relationships.
- A short guided mindfulness practice to leave staff feeling calm, refreshed and invigorated.
Benefits of the Wise Workshop for Participants
Staff who participate in this workshop benefit from:
- Improved self- awareness, self-management and self-regulation.
- Improved cognitive function- greater focus, concentration, memory, learning ability and creativity.
- Less habitual reactivity.
- Heightened emotional intelligence.
- Improved sense of wellbeing, happiness and job satisfaction.
- Improved leadership and communication skills.
- Improved relationships, ability to listen more attentively and be present.
About the Facilitator:
Sally Cumming (Certified Mindfulness Practitioner & Wellness Educator)
Sally Cumming is the founder and director of Engage Health, a leading provider of workplace mindfulness-based stress resilience and injury prevention programs. Sally is a certified mindfulness practitioner who teaches mindfulness-based stress reduction and cognitive therapy practices to staff across the not-for profit, government, education and corporate sector. She also works as a mindfulness counsellor, providing training to psychologists, specialists, Work Cover clients and individuals experiencing high levels of psychological distress, stress, anxiety and depression. With over 15 years’ experience as a professional educator, facilitator, corporate presenter and wellness consultant, Sally has facilitated workshops on various mental health topics. Her background as an accredited exercise physiologist, as well as her keen interest in mindfulness meditation and stress physiology, means she is passionate about teaching resilience strategies that can be implemented into the workplace to reduce stress and improve mental health.
The Wise workshop is two hours in duration. This will be held at our facility in the CBD.
Collins Street Tower
3/480 Collins St
Dates: Two options are available for July, 2018.
Monday 30th July: 12:30pm to 2:00pm
Thursday 19th July: 5:45pm to 7:45pm
Registration & Cost:
The cost is $55 per person (including GST)