Case Study #1
Hallmark Cards distribution centre
January 2012 – Ongoing
- A complete reduction of all LTIs and workers compensation claims
- A consistent injury rate of ZERO and no new soft tissue injuries since the implementation of the Engage program.
- A perfect 100% rating for their WorkSafe Inspection (they have been removed from the surprise register list as a result of this)
- Reduced insurance premiums and business costs
- A noticeable increase in flexibility, balance and core stability
- An increase in mindfulness, alertness and productivity
- A noticeable increase in mood and morale
Case Study #2
Onesteel Reinforcing. Altona North.
August 2015 – Ongoing
- No reports of new injuries and no lost time as a result of soft tissue sprains/ strains.
- Increased self-awareness (both body and mind) at work
- A reduction of high risk practices and areas in the factory.
- At the beginning of the ENGAGE program only one employee could correctly identify a safe lifting technique. Only 26% of employees were aware that the spine had three curves and that an ‘S’ shape was the strongest, safest position to be in This was very concerning and highlights the importance of the manual handling training and education provided in the ENGAGE workshop.
- 89% of employees are now thinking about injury prevention constantly during their shift. The majority of employees (95%) are now frequently performing injury prevention exercises (stretching and mobilisation exercises) during their shift. This change in culture and thinking is the desired change we were hoping for.
- 74% of staff reported feeling more valued as a OSR employee after participating in the ENGAGE program. This is a great result and it is pleasing to see that the skills and knowledge they have learnt will not only protect them at work now but also at home and into the future.
- There were noticeable improvements in site mood, morale and team cohesion. Significant improvements could be seen in balance, core stability and flexibility. According to feedback given at the three month mark employees had less pain, less muscle cramps, more energy at work and greater alertness. They also reported feeling more confident using the equipment and tools in the factory
- Staff really enjoy the regular, consistent stretching every morning and afternoon on both shifts.